“A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.” Proverbs 17:22
Are you aware that laughter is good for your health? God wrote the above verse, telling us just that. Laughter actually boosts your immune system, decreases stress hormones, releases endorphins (the feel-good chemicals in your body) which can even temporarily relieve pain, and improves blood flow.
So today I am giving you a dose of that medicine, laughter in the form of church bulletin bloopers taken from pastors.com.
1) The Rev. Bradford spoke briefly, much to the delight of the audience.
2) Applications are now being accepted for 2 year-old nursery workers.
3) Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Blake’s sermons.
4) James Conrad and Deborah Fisher were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
5) The rosebud on the altar this morning is to announce the birth of Mark David Betner, the sin of Reverend and Mrs. Cathy Betner.
6) The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare’s Hamlet in the church basement on Friday at 7 p.m. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
7) Don’t let worry kill you off – let the church help.
8) Angela and Dan request your presents at their wedding.
9) The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are not afflicted with any church.
10) Low Self-Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 to 8:30p.m. Please use the back door.
11) The 1991 Spring Council Retreat will be hell May 10 and 11.
12) Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
13) The choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join the choir.
14) Miss Lucy Bittle sang “I will not pass this way again” giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
15) Announcement in the church bulletin for a National PRAYER & FASTING conference: “The cost for attending the Fasting and Prayer conference includes meals.”
16) The church will host an evening of fine dining, superb entertainment, and gracious hostility.
17) Weight Watchers will meet at 7 p.m. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
(All names have been changed.)
Try to get in a good belly laugh every day. It is good for your body. In writing this blog post, I cannot help but laugh, and I am feeling better already.